October 20, 2009

Pregnancy Update (almost 27 weeks)

I realized this morning that I'll be 27 weeks along tomorrow and that it's been a couple of weeks since I posted an update. Everything is going along pretty well, and although I complain about the complications I've had so far, I know it could be a lot worse.

I was already considered a high risk patient because of my previous history of blood clots and pulmonary embolism that I had a few years ago. Unfortunately, in addition to these risk factors, I've now also developed Tachycardia. Essentially it's a rapid heart rate. I wore a monitor for 24 hours, which allowed them to discover how high my heart rate was actually getting. So, now I'm on medication which is helping a bit, and have had to reduce how much I actually do. I stopped exercising for a couple of weeks, but am trying to get back into it, although I have to keep my heart rate below 130, which is proving to be no easy task. As long as the baby and I are monitored frequently, everything should be fine.

I'm also waiting to hear back on my 3 hour gestational diabetes test, so fingers crossed on that one. Yes, I failed the one hour, so I had to do the three hour. It's over now and we'll deal with whatever the outcome is. I have a number of risk factors (PCOS, family history), so I always knew I was at a higher risk for developing it.

One good thing about being monitored more frequently is that we get to see the baby more often! She looks great, although she's measuring a bit big (about 1/2 a pound or so bigger than she should be). The doctors confirmed again that she is a little girl, so hopefully I'll stop having dreams that she's actually a boy! I'll finish with a profile picture from last week's ultrasound...



No comments:

Post a Comment