January 23, 2011

A Party for our Pup


We celebrated Kendall's first birthday a few days after her actual birthday by throwing a party for our sweet girl. We chose a puppy theme because Kendall LOVES doggies, and although I could think of a million cute birthday party ideas, I wanted her birthday party to be a reflection of her at this moment in time.

Kendall had a lot of family and friends at the party...

...Papa Steve and cousins Dustin and Cati....

...and Aunt Dusty

Kendall's friend, Lily, checking things out

I tried to add special touches like this monthly photo banner that I made. It included all of the pictures that I took on her monthly "birthdays" over the past year

Kendall's friend Knox deciding which doggie to adopt

Opening presents with mom

A happy birthday girl!

A tired birthday girl

I think that the party was a huge success. I'm proud of way everything turned out, and I'm glad that I put the effort into the little personalized touches. I'm also so thankful that we have such great families and friends that were willing to travel from near and far to spend the afternoon with us. A special thanks to my friend, Stacey, who came down from San Francisco for the weekend and was a huge help with the preparation and cleanup! We have one lucky girl!

3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, Kendall!! The party looked fantastic, Brenna! One of these days I have to come see your house, because it always looks so gorgeous in your photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had such a great time! It was good to see you and Kendall. Glad we got a night out just the two of us. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies! Sara - thank you so much for the invitations! Everyone loved them. Stacey - thanks for all of your help, and I wouldn't have been able to do it all without you! I'm slow on sending out my thank yous, but check your mail later this week!!

    ReplyDelete