July 6, 2011

Our Busy Summer...so far

Summertime is always a busy time around the Weatherby house. So far, this summer has proved to be no different. We're barely into the month of July, and it seems like we've been going no stop since the summer started. Here are the highlights (and lowlights) of the past few weeks:

Caleb made his annual summer trek from the midwest, and wraps up his trip at the end of the week. He participated in 2 full weeks of the Encinitas Junior Lifeguards program, which teaches participants the ins and outs of the beach, ocean and lifeguarding. He had a great time, and we're proud of him for completing it. This program has been around for years, and I know that it is TOUGH!

Caleb actually drove out to California this year with Dan's mom and dad in their RV. Cousin Cati graduated from high school, and the family was here to celebrate. They spent a week at Campland by the Bay in Mission Beach and Kendall was lucky enough to join them most days!

We also hit up the fair a couple of weekends ago and tried some deep fried Kool Aid. It was as gross as I thought it would be. There were some neat horses though:


Dan is extremely busy at work, and I'm still struggling to find a good fit. I was laid off (again!) from my job at Dragonfly Designs, but have started to work (here and there) for a couple of land use planners that I worked for years ago. I'm hoping that business picks up and that I can start working a regular schedule. In the meantime, I'm planning things for Kendall and I to do to beat the heat over the coming months. She'll outgrow this plunge pool before long:


We sure have packed a lot into the past few weeks, but I know that there is much more to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment