January 29, 2013

Leila is 3 Months Old!


Last week Leila turned 3 months old.  We didn't have a well baby visit, so I don't have any weight and height statistics, but I can tell that she's growing.  If I had to guess, I'd say that she probably weighs about 15 pounds, which is a bit more than Kendall weighed at the same age.

As you can tell from the picture, Leila is one happy baby.  She's now smiling all the time, and has started to laugh.  I've found that she's very ticklish under her armpits and that's the best way to get big belly laughs out of her.  She's also holding her head up very well now, and likes to be up looking at the world around her.  She now prefers to be carried in an upright position, and she's spent a little bit of time in the Bumbo chair.  She seems to enjoy being up with the rest of the family.  No rolling over yet, but she's grasping objects and reaching for toys as best she can.  She's also sleeping through the night now - she goes to bed around 8:30 or 9 p.m. and is up about 7 a.m.  I'm so thankful to have good sleepers!

Probably the neatest thing to watch is how she tries to interact with her big sister.  She absolutely LOVES Kendall, and stares at her to get her attention.  When Kendall talks to her or plays with her, she smiles just about as big as she can.

I'm heading back to work next week, and Leila will start in the Bambino Room at the school that Kendall attends.  I'm not thrilled about returning to work full time, but it's just the way it is right now.  I have really enjoyed my time off.  Leila is a great baby, and I couldn't have had a better maternity leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment