October 17, 2012

A Couple of Weeks to Go...

Although the newest Weatherby isn't scheduled to make her arrival until October 30th, it appears that she may be arriving sooner than later.  I've been having contractions off and on since Friday, but nothing consistent enough yet to signal that I'm in active labor.  Just a lot of pain and pressure.  Since I'm officially of advanced maternal age, I now have doctor's appointments twice a week, which means more ultrasounds to check fluid levels and non-stress tests to make sure that the baby is moving around as she should be.  It now appears to be a waiting game...

In the meantime, I did want to share photos from our last growth ultrasound that was done a couple of weeks ago.  At that point everything looked great, and they estimated the baby was already weighing about 7 pounds 9 ounces.  One nurse told me, "Don't worry, that can be up to a pound off at this point".  So, you're telling me she could have weighed as much as 8 1/2 pounds two weeks ago?!?!  Either way, it appears as if she'll be big, just like her big sister.  The pictures did give us an idea as to how she might look:



It's amazing how much they can see with ultrasound machines, but we can't wait to see her in person!

No comments:

Post a Comment