October 30, 2012

Introducing Leila Blair

Leila Blair Weatherby arrived via C-Section at 1:51 a.m. on Monday, October 22, 2012.


She's here!

Although I wasn't scheduled to have my C-Section until today (October 30th), the little girl decided that she just couldn't wait and I went into labor at 38 weeks, 2 days.  I hadn't felt well all day that day, and had been having contractions on and off for about a week.  My doctor kept telling me that I had to wait it out since everything seemed to be OK with the baby.  I now wish that I would have called and forced them to see me a bit sooner, as unlike my labor process with Kendall, this one was quick and extremely painful.  

We had a relatively normal day, and went out for dinner to celebrate Sean's birthday.  When we got home, I got in bed and the contractions became a bit closer together - about 8 minutes apart - so I debated on calling the doctor.  All of the sudden, I felt the baby move and I had a sharp pain.  Then, my water broke.  Instantly the contractions came on very strong, and were about 5 minutes apart.  We called the doctor, dropped Kendall off with Gram and Dude, and headed to the hospital.  By the time we were at the hospital (about 11 p.m.), the contractions were 3-4 minutes apart.  I could barely stand the pain and about collapsed walking into the hospital.  Dan found me a wheelchair and a nurse helped us get upstairs.  She then told me that maybe we waited too long.  Thanks.

Once we got upstairs, they ushered us into a room, hooked me up to the monitors, and we began to wait for what seemed like an eternity.  No medicine yet as I couldn't have my spinal until they sent me to the operating room.  I had to have lab work done to make sure the medicine that I was taking had been out of my system for long enough.  The contractions became stronger and longer, and were now about 2-3 minutes apart.  Then, as they were about to wheel me into the operating room, someone came into the ER with a stab wound to the neck.  So, my anesthesiologist had to leave and the had to call another one.  More waiting.  Finally, they wheeled me in about 1:20 a.m., and Leila was born at 1:51 a.m.  As they were performing the C-Section, one doctor commented that she was trying to come out on her own.  Thankfully, she waited just long enough.














We're all home now and adjusting to having a newborn in the house again, but we couldn't be happier!!

1 comment: